Strategy Consulting Projects for the Global Financial Services Industry--Market Sizing and Market Positioning
Celent's strategy consulting practice offers financial institutions the expertise they need to succeed in the global financial services industry. We regularly assist senior executives to better define their strategies and maximize their market impact. Some of the areas in which Celent is active are outlined below.
Market Sizing and Market Positioning
Celent analyzes the overall size of various markets, today and looks ahead several years, along a variety of criteria, including:
- Overall spending estimates
- Adoption rates
- By country, by region
- By size of financial institution
- By technology platform
Celent evaluates how firms can best position their products/solutions to compete in various markets going forward. Celent suggests product enhancements and modifications, identifies tiers of target clients, and outlines the strengths to emphasize in sales conversations and how to address weaknesses. Celent also develops detailed market entry strategies for firms considering new markets.
Recent projects include:
- Analysis of online personal lines insurance market for a top-50 US insurer, including projected adoption rates, detailed competitive information, and best practices. Results presented to CMO were key to determining strategy for online unit.
- Review of the market for global equities trading for one of the largest investment banks in the world. Celent analyzed volumes of institutional order flow, determined source of orders, and helped the investment bank revamp their equities trading offering and target new markets.
- Market analysis of P/C technology market for spin-off technology unit of a top 10 international P/C insurer. Celent's analysis and assessment of market potential, which were presented to the CEO, were instrumental in determining launch strategy and target market.
- Preparation of a market study for a capital markets vendor providing portfolio optimization and monitoring tools to buy-side firms in the managed account space. Celent conducted extensive interviews with buy-side firms in order to assess interest levels, uncover the most promising customer segments, determine an optimal pricing strategy, and help position the product against competitors in the market.