Webinar: Key Factors in Buy-Side Risk Management
Firms on the buy side are under tremendous pressure to raise the bar on their risk management capabilities — driven by factors such as changing investor priorities, sophisticated investment strategies, and global regulatory pressures. In the midst of regulatory scrutiny and heightened client expectations, firms will need to develop new capabilities to implement investment strategies that are more diversified, defensive, and “risk-transparent.”
At the same time, firms must carefully navigate the uncertainties and overheads around the nascent swaps trading and clearing ecosystem. It will remain critical for investment firms to adopt efficient operating models in order to demonstrate value-added “alpha,” and be operationally lean to mitigate the potential impact on risk-adjusted returns.
In this webinar with FINCAD, Research Director Cubillas Ding examines structural drivers which continue to shape the buy side business agenda:
- Changing investor priorities and multi-asset class investing require increased sophistication through a spectrum of investment strategies.
- Alternative assets are a focus in the thrust toward diversification and resilience.
- Adoption of risk factor-based investment approaches continues to rise.
- Market structure regulations are creating a web of uncertainty, creating operational complexities and raising barriers to entry.
- Imperatives to drive efficiency and manage costs.
Audio for this presentation is available here.
Celent is a research and advisory firm dedicated to helping financial institutions formulate comprehensive business and technology strategies. Celent publishes reports identifying trends and best practices in financial services technology and conducts consulting engagements for financial institutions looking to use technology to enhance existing business processes or launch new business strategies. With a team of internationally based analysts, Celent is uniquely positioned to offer strategic advice and market insights on a global basis. Celent is a member of the Oliver Wyman Group, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC].
Tel: +1 212 345 1366
Tel: +44 (0)782 448 3336
Tel.: +81 3 3500 3023